How to Install WordPress on Localhost
WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) that is written in PHP language. It is free and open source.
Official website: http://wordpress.org/
Download latest WordPress: http://wordpress.org/download/
You can install the wordpress on your local system.
1. Extract the wordpress in the www folder of wamp server (in my case location is C:\wamp\www)
2. search for file “wp-config-sample.php” in wordpress folder (in my case location is C:\wamp\www\wordpress) and change the name of the file to “wp-config.php”
3. Now open the file and change the following
/** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'database_name_here'); //replace database_name_here with wordpress /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'username_here'); //replace username_here with root /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', 'password_here'); //replace password_here with blank /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); //replace localhost with suitable name. Here we are installing it on localhost so we do not change it
3. Now start Wamp server
4. Once the Wamp server and database is started and running you will see the green wamp symbol
9. Fill the details and click on Install WordPress
11. Click on login to login into the control panel